We can help you find the perfect role for you. Once you have applied to a position one of our experienced consultants will contact you to discuss the role with you in detail. We understand that finding a new job can be a complex process so it’s our job to assist you with all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. We only work with the most prestigious hospitals in the UK and Middle East to present our candidates with the best opportunities available.
Director of Nursing – Abu Dhabi – UAE
Responsible for the startup, planning and structuring of the nursing department to cover all nursing services in the facility. Collaborates with the medical, facility and biomedical departments to ensure the sufficient and efficient allocation of department resources that promotes high standards of nursing practice.
Represents the vision of the organization by implementing supporting department philosophy, culture and goals that promotes internationally recognized benchmark of nursing standards and professional and educational development of nursing personnel. RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, maintains and implements policies and procedures for the nursing department that align with the evidence based standards of nursing practice and in compliance with the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) rules and regulations.
2. Participates in recruitment and selection processes for nursing personnel to ensure sufficient resources are available to provide necessary cover across all specializations and in line with the approved staffing plan.
3. Responsible to ensure nursing qualifications and requirements meet the HAAD standards and JCI accreditation requirements.
4. Coordinates closely with all departments including Registration and Therapy with the resilient approach on patient care and patient rights.
5. Implement and monitor the conduct of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) by the various nursing departments. Review the levels of productivity, efficiency and errors with the nursing department heads to ensure the necessary action and educational plans are developed for further improvement.
6. Actively participates in management meetings and decisions involving nursing personnel, department and operational topics.
7. Coordinates closely with the Quality Department to evaluate performance of departments and investigate incident reports related to nursing. Monitor all incident reports to identify rare occurrences vs repetitive occurrences and address appropriate actions accordingly.
8. Oversees administrative functions in Nursing Department.
9. Promote continuous clinical education both in-house and externally to reflects a positive outcome on the Key Clinical Quality indicators in the long run that surpass existing clinical practice thresholds.
10. Reviews and approves nursing schedules to ensure a non-biased environment that promotes a work-life balance and minimal usage of overtime.
11. Promotes team work, mutual respect and effective communication inclusive of hand-overs. Reviews and participates in all relevant employee relation topics and recognition programs.
12. Monitors and mandates compliance of nurses in line with OSHA principles, workplace safety and infection control protocols. Reviews infections control programs on a continuous cycle to ensure they are updated for a safe disease and infection free work environment.
13. Participates in budgetary meetings related to the nursing department.
14. Conducts appraisals on all nursing department heads and reviews appraisals of nursing staff to understand the work performance of all nursing personnel.
15. Participate in investigations for all complaints inclusive of act of neglect, abuse, misappropriate
16. Determine and communicate resources necessary for the nursing department to carry out its roles and responsibilities and submit written reports as required.
17. Maintain good working relationship and frequent liaison with other department managers.
18. Communicate regularly with the hospital director and give input on all matters related to nursing.
19. Assures staff are trained in fires, disasters and safety procedures and evaluates drills.
20. Any other work assigned by Hospital Director within scope of their role.
[if job-entry-rate3]Entry Rate: $[job-entry-rate3][/if job-entry-rate3]
Location: UAE, [job-state]
Job Type: Permanent
– Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
– Masters in Nursing preferred
– PreferredHAAD License
– Home Country license (mandatory)
– Minimum of 2- 4 yrs experience in Nursing Leadership positions in nursing administration and clinical responsibilities for a large hospital setting.
– Preferred experience in local private healthcare setting
– Ideally possess proven experience in Rehabilitation clinical setting.