We can help you find the perfect role for you. Once you have applied to a position one of our experienced consultants will contact you to discuss the role with you in detail. We understand that finding a new job can be a complex process so it’s our job to assist you with all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. We only work with the most prestigious hospitals in the UK and Middle East to present our candidates with the best opportunities available.
Director of Operation – Abu Dhabi – UAE
Responsible to provide strategic and operational leadership for the startup phase of our Specialized Rehabilitation Hospital Project, planning and structuring of all departments and services in the facility. Reinforces strategic plans and achievement of objectives and ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness. Monitors and coordinates necessary resource allocation and highly quality cost effective financial management for the overall growth of the facility and services in line with the regulations of Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD).
Represent self as an ambassador of the organization’s philosophy, culture and goals that promotes strong teamwork, respectful environment and follows pursuit of internationally recognized benchmark of healthcare standards. RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensures that the objectives of each department are achievable in line with the quality, clinical service, financial and operational standards regulated by HAAD.
2. Assumes the role of an advocate in managing the expectations of key leadership and the feasibility of transforming the expectations to operational reality with the departments. Acts as a liaison among governing bodies, medical staff and department heads.
3. Build strong partnership with marketing and business development functions to develop business plans that cater to program development, customer retention and expansion, exposure of services etc.
4. Reviews cost versus allocation/utilization of resources to ensure the budget is adhered for all departments during a commissioning phase and during a fiscal operational year.
5. Analyze and monitor all financial and statistical reports and communicates the inferences and recommendations to the appropriate stakeholders.
6. Provides project management leadership by creating timelines, objectives and milestones for projects. Monitors and evaluates the progress of the project’s time and task and addresses the snag list concerns accordingly with the concerned stakeholders.
7. Identify and implement organizational and cultural changes necessary to adapt strategically to internal initiatives that catalysts positive transformation towards organizational culture, acceptance and usage of new technology.
8. Ensures all Hospital Policies and procedures are implemented and monitored, including recruitment and selection of new staff, appraisal and disciplinary of existing staff and training and development of all employees.
9. Maintain active interaction with Quality Department to review all evaluations that reflect patient care, patient satisfaction and investigation reports on complaints and incidents.
10. Assumes leadership role to chair improvement initiatives for identified areas of patient care and patient experience.
11. Coordinates with Facility department to ensure the hospital facilities are fully functional and back up action plans in case of emergencies are existent and up-to-date.
12. Evaluates standards and quality of services and food production provided by the catering department to be in line with the clinical mandated dietary requirements.
13. Regulates the standards of hospitality and customer service to be provided across the board inclusive of inter-departments, intra-departments, patients, patients’ family members and guests.
14. Enforce a culture of patient confidentiality and patient rights at all times.
15. Works closely with Revenue Cycle Department to understand and evaluate the ratio of claims versus denials and the course of actions to be taken accordingly due to lack of/or incomplete medical data.
[if job-entry-rate3]Entry Rate: $[job-entry-rate3][/if job-entry-rate3]
Location: UAE, [job-state]
Job Type: Permanent
– Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or related field • Nursing, business, finance education backgrounds are considered advantageous
– Project Management desirable LANGUAGE:
– Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills in English
– Arabic Speaking is advantageous EXPERIENCE:
– Proven 5 -6 years’ relevant hospital administration leadership experience in a large hospital setting
– Preferred experience in local private healthcare setting
– Ideally possess proven experience in Rehabilitation clinical setting